Beef mince with soft potatoes and peas. A tasty and satisfying meal that is quick and easy to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients in bold available at Spice Bazaar.
500 g lean/extra lean beef mince
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp curry seeds
2 tsp ginger/garlic paste
4 tsps Spice Bazaar Kashmiri Masala (or any other masala preferred)
1 sprig curry leaves
4 Roma tomatoes grated/finely chopped/blended or half a tin of canned tomatoes
1 tsp Spice Bazaar turmeric
1 tsp Spice Bazaar garam masala
½ cup frozen peas
2 potatoes cut into 8ths
salt to taste
Water see recipe notes
- Heat oil, add onion and curry seeds. Once onion is soft and slightly brown add the ginger/garlic paste. Sauté for less than a minute.
- Add Spice Bazaar Kashmiri masala and fry for a further half a minute.
- Add tomato, curry leaves and a few drops of water if required. Cook for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add the mince and braise until browned. Add salt to taste, garam masala and turmeric. Add some water, close the pot and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, stir regularly to ensure it does not burn and add water as required if it starts to dry out.
- Add the peas and potatoes and water to cover, bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a low setting and allow your curry to cook until the potatoes are soft.
Cheat’s Tip: cook the potatoes in water with salt and ½ a tsp turmeric in the microwave for about 10-minutes. Increase the cooking time in Step 5 to 30-minutes. Add potatoes to curry when almost cooked for the last 5-10 minutes for the potatoes to soak up the flavours.
- Serve with roti, naan, paratha or make your own bunny chow.