A super quick and easy vegan friendly meal with a delicious array of flavours.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients in bold available at Spice Bazaar.
3 tbsp oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
3-4 tsp leaf masala (adjust according to preferred level of heat)
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
½ -1 tsp crushed chilli flakes (optional for extra heat)
1 tin chickpeas, drained
1 tin diced tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
500g sweet potato, cubed (can be white or orange variety)
Salt to taste
200g baby spinach
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and cook onion until soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, followed by leaf masala, cook for about a minute.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Season with garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chile flakes, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Add spinach to the pot, stir in and take off the heat.
- Serve with basmati rice and/or naan bread.