This delicious and easy Green Bean Curry makes a great dish for vegetarians and vegans or works well as a side dish. Enjoy with roti, paratha, naan, basmati rice or even plain bread (preferably fresh white bread). Budget friendly!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients in bold available at Spice Bazaar.
600g fresh green beans, cut diagonally into thin slices
3 Tbs oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 sprig curry leaves
3-4 tsp Kashmiri Masala
2-3 medium grated/blended tomatoes
½ tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
- In a pot on medium heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook until soft and translucent, just before it starts to go brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves, fry for a few seconds.
- Add Kashmiri Masala and turmeric, cook for about half a minute, ensuring spices do not burn, then add tomatoes.
- Allow to cook, covered, on medium heat until paste has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans with about half a cup water and add salt to taste.
- Cover and allow to cook on medium heat (stirring occasionally) for about 30 minutes or until beans are soft and cooked.
- Serve hot with starch of choice. Also delicious served with dal on the side.
Tip: for added protein, scramble 4 eggs and stir into the curry once cooked.